Individuals or Townships wishing to apply dust control, brine or chloride to any county road shall abide by the following conditions.
- The Road Commission office in Atlanta (785-3334) shall be notified in advance and arrangements made to have the road graded before applying dust control.
- The area to be treated shall be clearly marked at each end with 1/4" x 2" x 4' wooden lath painted fluorescent orange, (obtainable at the road commission shop, located at the east end of the building).
- All roads that have had dust control applied will be inspected periodically for roughness and graded, if deemed necessary by the road commission.
All pickups, and trailers hauling loose material, garbage, leaves, etc., must be covered with tarps, plastic, canvas or other that prevents debris from blowing out of vehicle. Unsecured and/or spillage of material, including farm materials (manure) etc. is illegal, and the Montmorency County Weighmaster will ticket violators.
REPLACEMENT OF MAILBOXES
The Policy of the Montmorency County Road Commission concerning mailboxes located in county right-of-way is as follows:
The replacement of mailboxes knocked off by snow and/or ice is the responsibility of the homeowner. Mailboxes knocked off by actual contact with a road commission vehicle will be investigated and replaced/repaired by the Montmorency County Road Commission. The road commission requests that all homeowners with rural mail delivery check the condition of their mailbox and post to make sure they are in good, stable condition. Rotting posts are a major reason for mailboxes being knocked down during the winter months.
SIGNS in the RIGHT-OF-WAY
The Montmorency County Road Commission's policy for placement of signs in county road right-of-way is as follows:
- All signs in county right-of-way will be removed by county personnel.
- A charge of $5.00 per sign will be imposed for persons desiring to redeem their sign. This policy will be strictly enforced at all intersections where signs obstruct the visibility of motorist.
Effective March 29, 1978, Act 82 of the PA of 1978 amended Act 300 of PA of 1949, as amended, in the following manner:
- A person shall not remove, or cause to be removed; snow, ice or slush onto or across a roadway or the shoulder of the roadway in a manner which obstructs the safety vision of the driver of a motor vehicle other than off-road vehicles.
- A person shall not deposit or cause to be deposited; snow, ice or slush onto or across a roadway or the shoulder of the roadway in a manner which obstructs the safety vision of the driver of a motor vehicle.
- A person shall not deposit, or cause to be deposited; snow, ice or slush on any roadway or highway. The Montmorency County Road Commission would appreciate the cooperation of property owners, businesses, contractors, etc. in complying with the provisions of this act.